Ich Bin Dein Mensch

Maria Schrader
RELEASE: Thu 3 Feb
Thu 3 Feb
RELEASE

Scientist Alma decides to participate in an extraordinary study. She has to live together with a lifelike robot for three weeks. And if we say robot, we mean one that has been completely attuned to her wishes and needs, an android that knows what women want.

What's it like to be living with a robot that has been developed to make you happy for three weeks? That's exactly what Alma is about to find out, as she agrees to take part in a weird kind of experiment. Her participation makes her elligible for extra funding for her own research into the poetica of old administrative texts. Despite her agreement to join the experiment, she's very sceptical about robot Tom, while he shows all his skills by reciting poems by Rainer Maria Rilke, dancing the rumba with her and preparing a bath with rose petals and candlelight, because "93% of the German women loves that". Alma subtly points out that she might be part of the other 7% and puts him back into his closet - right between the broom and the bucket.

Lead actress Maren Eggert won the (very first gender neutral) Award for Best Acting at the Berlin Film Festival.

Direction
Maria Schrader
Cast
Dan Stevens, Maren Eggert, Sandra Hüller
Duration
102 min
RELEASE
Thu 3 Feb
Year
2021
Country
Germany
Language
German
Subtitles
Dutch
  • Not harmful / All ages